Friday, February 7, 2014

sun bonnet

Today when I was at the YMCA I saw a little girl in the cutest fleece lined bonnet. I thought, "Oh, I need to make that!!" So I searched Pinterest for a good (free) pattern  and no luck. I'm horrible at making patterns from scratch but decided to give it a shot. 

During lunch I measured Elsa's head and set out to make a bonnet during her nap time. I thought a little big is always better than a little small. Well, I did it! It turned out great, I just need to put snaps on the chin straps (I wasn't sure how long to make them so they are tied. She was sleeping at the time I finished).

They are reversible and the top visor can be folded up. 
Keep an eye out for these hats in the shop! They are going to definitely be around during the spring/summer craft fairs. If you would like one, just send me a message!

Visit the Etsy shop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...