Tuesday, July 24, 2012

WIP: swoon star bee block

For the July MQG bee block we all made the swoon star. Oh, yes, I swooned over this one. I've wanted to make it since I saw it! It was tedious to make because of all the little pieces but it's worth the time seeing as it yields a 24.5 x 24.5" square. If this baby is a girl, she's getting a swoon baby quilt for sure!

My given colors were orange print and yellow solid. Can't wait to see Erin's finished quilt!


It's also Christmas in July. I'm stippling my Christmas quilt and I'm over half-way done! Can't wait to snuggle under this when the snow starts falling.
Getting quilted

Lastly, Charlotte will be starting 3K in September and she has a very unique school supply list.
  • Baby wipes
  • Dixie Cups
  • Napkins
  • Backpack
  • Disinfecting wipes
  • Art smock
For someone who loves school supply shopping, this wasn't a great list to work with until I realized she would need an art smock because she doesn't have one. I searched the Internet for tutorials and of course Ashley at Make-It-And-Love-It has a great one, but I really wanted sleeves. Then I found this tutorial at The Smith Home that used an old shirt. So, off I went to Kevin's closet to see what I could find and sure enough I found an old Patagonia polo that didn't fit him. It's nice and thick and would work perfect. I think the results were awesome!! Charlotte really seems to enjoy it.

3/4-Sleeve Art Smock


To make it a little more girly, I added some bias edging on the bottom, a pocket with ruffles, and two flowers. Fabric was some Innocent Crush and Flea Market Fancy. I can't wait to see this full of paint!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Linking up with Lee.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the swoon and the art smock :)

Dee said...

Swooning over your yellowlicious Swoon block!

Marsha Cooper said...

I love the yellow!
The paint smock sure is cute too.

Emma said...

That art smock is super cute. You know, if you want to amp up your back to school shopping, you can make backpacks too....

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I love that swoon block - I really need to get on making mine, but I keep changing my mind on fabric.

Your art smock is darling. And I'm right there with you on school supplies - I get a little giddy when I see them in the stores.

Leslie said...

that art smock is too cute...love the FMF, and the little flower on the shoulder. the swoon block loks great in such bright solids.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...