Monday, November 15, 2010

New Wave Quilts

My two donation quilts for the Alzheimer's Association Annual Fundraiser are finished. The Senior Planning Group will be making the donation.

I really love how these turned out. The straight-line quilting was the second time I've tried it. It really looks great but is much harder only because it doesn't cover up mistakes very well. The puckering was a problem but I managed to keep everything smooth as I quilted. I'm not sure how I'd do with another twin-sized quilt and straight line quilting. The first one I tried was almost a disaster. Nonetheless, these turned out great!

The pattern is written by Oh, Fransson! - Elizabeth Hartman. It's larger sized baby quilt (51" x 55"). The girl quilt is a tad smaller due to a mistake I made. You didn't even notice, right?! Please refer to her blog and tutorial for the layout and design.






1 comment:

Senior Planning Services said...

Great designs... Thanks for sharing this in here...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...