Saturday, June 25, 2011

poppy fields forever

The poppy fields forever quilt is complete! Washed and dried today. Somehow I also managed to squeeze in a matching pillow sham. Haven't made one of those before, did it without a tutorial, and it turned out pretty good. I'm pleased at how great the quilt looks in the poppy bedroom with the matching duvet.

The bedroom was painted before my parents bought the house. The colors are amazing in the room; the flowers are my favorite part. Charlotte loves looking for birds, bees, fairies and scary gnome like goblins hiding in the trees. It truly is a magical forest. When I ran across the poppy print from Pottery Barn I knew it was perfect for the room. But, since Charlotte is now in a big bed, we needed a matching quilt for her bed, however, the poppy is out of print. Luckily somebody had a bed skirt on eBay which prompted me to turn it into a quilt.

poppy fields forever front
The quilt blocks are 12.5" and the other blocks are wonky blocks from Elizabeth Hartman in matching colors to the poppy colors. Twin sized. Sashing and binding are Kona Snow. The back is a red sheet from Ikea with some poppy squares filled in. I stippled this in a variegated red/pink thread. It's so bright and looks wonderful in the room. 

post signature
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

2 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Love your poppy quilt! It is so colorful and cheerful-perfect for your little one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...