Sunday, December 5, 2010

my all-time favorite Christmas cookie

My all-time favorite Christmas cookie is from my Grandma's collection. Cherry cream cheese cookies. They are the best and worth the effort it takes to make them. Trust me, you've never had a cookie like this.


A gooey cherry-cream cheese filling sits atop a buttery sugar cookie. They are delectable and I can never stop eating them. They are so good that Kevin has taken them on as "his" favorite Christmas cookie too. They stick together so you have to put wax paper in between layers and keep them chilled, but I'm telling you, you need to try these!

Directions:

1 C powder sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

1 C butter
2 C flour

1 egg
Mix and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Heat oven to 350ยบ. Form into 1” balls and place 2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. With your thumb, make an imprint in each cookie. Bake for 10 -12 min. and cool completely.
Filling:
1 C powder sugar
2 Tbl. flour
3 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
½ C coconut
½ C chopped red maraschino cherries
Glaze:
¼ C semi-sweet chips
3 - 4 tsp water
1 Tbl. Butter
¼ C powder sugar
In saucepan over low heat, mix chips and butter. Remove from heat and add sugar and water to make glaze. Drizzle over filled cookies. Refrigerate between wax paper.

I really hope you make these. Enjoy!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...