Sunday, August 21, 2011

my first quilt

Let me tell you how much I love this quilt! It turned out so great and I am really happy that I rescued it and can use it on a regular basis. Finished size measures approximately 96x96. It's going on our queen bed in the new cabin that Kevin's parents are building. This had been sitting in the closet with no purpose since my college days. Since the cabin is full of six of my quilts, I figured my bedroom better have one too. This was already a pretty long quilt but needed some extra width.

queen size
After adding a rather large bit to the bottom, I put new batting and a sheet on the back (to save time and money). Then I straight line quilted it with my walking foot. The lines aren't super straight but that is what gives it some character. After being washed it is super worn in and cuddly. Charlotte wants it for her bed I think. Some of the seams have split over the years and I sealed them with fusible lining. It did the trick!

Hope you enjoy this as much as I do. This is my first quilt and I still get to enjoy it!

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...