Monday, April 2, 2012

pinwheels quilt top

My second quilt top for myself is finished and even though I had reservations at first, I love it! I'm a big fan of red and this is such a yummy, warm, red quilt. Made with Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush line and some Kona Bone, it's an oversized lap quilt.

I followed this pinwheels quilt tutorial found here from This Domestic Bliss.


I was very unsure how to quilt this one because I wanted to keep the shape of the pinwheels. After lots of thought and advice, I've straight line quilted it following the triangles. The lines have made a great pattern that you can really see well from the back. Love it!!

The back is pieced using the left over fabric. I really love the HST square in the middle. Yummy.


2 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Lovely quilt - such a great fabric line, very pretty :)
Thank you for the kind comment on my blog, I can't email a reply because you're a no reply blogger!

Kristen said...

Great quilting, Erika!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...