Sunday, December 25, 2011

Matthew's Photo Quilt & Merry Christmas!

I have a cousin that recently passed away. It's been really, really hard on my family. People have changed and relationships have changed. Those of you who have lost somebody close know the affects it has on an entire family. Please continue to pray for my Aunt.

With that being said, my mother, her sister, wanted to give her a very special gift for Christmas. Something that would be a reminder of her son and something that she can use and have every day....a quilt. More specifically, a quilt of Matthew and the happy times they had. It was a joy to put this quilt together for her. The colors are Dallas Cowboy colors because that was Matt's favorite team. I also had a woman do some embroidery for me. The embroidery along the outside really adds something wonderful to the quilt. The words are part of the song "I Can Only Imagine." It's a very special song to our family and has been play at multiple funerals.

I can only imagine what it will be like, when I walk by Your side...
I can only imagine, what my eyes will see, when Your Face is before me!
I can only imagine. I can only imagine.
I can only imagine all our broken lives resurrected in the healing light.

Here are some photos of the front. The back is white minky fleece to keep my Aunt warm. If you are reading this post.....we all love you, especially Barbara Jean.
photo quilt

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!
post signature

1 comment:

Dana said...

What a beautiful gift you have give your aunt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...