Saturday, January 1, 2011

simplicity quilt

Here is the most recent quilt top I've finished. I'm sad to say, it's my least favorite. After seeing the almost finished project, I do like it better then when I was working on it. The inspiration quilt by Jessy Roos is below. I didn't intend on having the cream stripes throughout my quilt, but in true Erika fashion, I botched my measurements again and needed to improvise. Somehow, I always seem to manage this. It's quite annoying. Quilt finishes at about 72x90 - a great twin size for the cabin. The binding is plaid fabric leftover from a previous quilt I made.

I bought a walking foot and straight-lined quilted it. It turned out pretty good. I was happy with the walking foot-- definitely made a difference. After being washed it looks a little better.


I think I've decided that from now on, I have to stick to fun prints. I just can't handle these colors or solid fabric. These aren't cheap to make so I should probably make something I really love and never want to get rid of!




1 comment:

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

Thanks Jody. It's on the bed now and looks great. I think the colors just aren't my favorite.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/erikaoline/6278062925/sizes/m/in/photostream/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...