Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stars on Christmas Morning Quilt

You may have seen a few posts before regarding the sawtooth star quilt I was making for my mom. Now that Christmas is over, I can finally share the final product with you. The pattern is designed by Sew Mama Sew! Most of the prints are part of the Hoffman Holiday Renaissance and Holiday Cheer line. 


This is by far the most difficult quilt I've made to date. All the small cuts really gave room for error. Trying to make sure all the lines and points matched up was hard. There was a lot of pressing involved and you know how much I love ironing.




After seeing these pillows at Pottery Barn I really wanted to have cardinal pillows for the couch at her house. She absolutely loves her birds and I knew she would go nuts for matching pillows. The PB ones were $40 each (cover alone!) and that was definitely outside my budget. This was an experiment for me. I made two envelope enclosure pillows using this tutorial and they turned out soooo great! I really impressed myself. They also look fantastic with the quilt.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love my Christmas Star quilt and my matching cardinal pillows. Love you, Mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...