- Box Zatarain's Black Beans and Rice mix (follow box directions)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can refried beans
- 3-4 chicken breasts (boiled and shredded) or 1-1.5# ground beef
- 3 cans enchilada sauce
- Shredded cheese
- 10-12 LARGE burrito shells
|assemble the enchiladas|
- Cook the meat
- Cook the black beans and rice box according to box directions
- After the meat is cooked, add one can of enchilada sauce
- Set up assembly station
- Lay out burrito shells
- Smear on refried beans
- Layer on a scoop of black beans, rice mix, meat, and cheese
- Fold in ends and roll up
- Lay in greased 9x12 pan
- After your pan is filled with lined up enchiladas, dump the two remaining cans of enchilada sauce all over the place. Trust me, you can't have too much sauce.
- Sprinkle more cheese on the top
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 45 minutes. I do find that even though everything is pre-cooked, it takes awhile to get the inside really hot. You can of course modify this.
Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Just one of these will stuff you up and it doubles as excellent leftovers.