Wednesday, March 19, 2014

quick 'n easy peanut butter cookies

Do you ever get a craving for something sweet and there is nothing in the house? Since I try not to keep sweets in the house, it happens to me all the time. I've been known to eat the whole bag of malted robin eggs in two days if there is a bag around.

Tonight, I had such a craving and since I keep a stock pile of peanut butter in the house, my go-to easy recipe was on the menu. I can't take credit for this recipe but I also don't remember where it came from. It has a gluten-free option (by not having flour). Since we don't have any gluten allergies in this house I tend to add some flour. It makes about two dozen cookies, but don't hold me to it!



Ingredients
1 lg. egg
1 tsp baking soda
1C peanut butter
1/2 C white sugar (or just white if that's all your have)
1/2 C brown sugar
1 Tbl vanilla
1/4-1/2C four (optional)
1/2C-1C chocolate chips (optional)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer until mixed. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Make into 1" balls (I didn't ball them in the photo above, just used spoons) and place onto greased cookie sheet. Make cross hatches with a fork and gently press down. Bake 10 minutes, then let sit on the cookie sheet after baking for a few minutes. Transfer to cooking racks, but I use paper bags for cooling.

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...