Monday, November 14, 2011

king quilt completed

I'm. In. Love. With my new quilt. I just love how it turned out! The colors are fresh and amazing. They look great in our room and will look even better when we get a bed frame (that Kevin will make) some day.
urban lattice pattern modified
Quilt measures approximately 96x108". Printed fabric is mostly from Amy Butler's lines but there is a little Michael Miller thrown in. The binding/sashing is Kona Aloe and the filler is Kona Medium Grey. This is a color pallet my husband and I could agree on, especially since we loved the color of the wall. I also made a throw pillow cover and two pillow shams. Mmm...

Since the quilt was so big I couldn't fit it under my machine and had to send it out to be quilted. Through the Milwaukee Quilt Guild I met a woman named Cindy Fenske and she was able to do a great squared stippling. You can email her at Lucifen [at] aol [dot] com if you are interested in her services.

close up of quilting
At first I thought this would take me forever to complete but it really didn't. Less than a month I think. So, if you are thinking about creating a king-sized quilt, go for it!!
post signature

4 comments:

AngelCakes said...

GORGEOUS! I'm so glad to see this because I've been dragging my feet on making a queen-sized quilt because it seems daunting to me, the beginner quilter. But I really, really, really want to do it. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely beautiful!

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

Thanks for the comments @Angel and @QuiltNut. It was a great project. Go for the queen size!!

Jodi said...

I love your quilt and am attempting to make a similar one for my king size bed. Can you tell me how you modified the original pattern? I have drawn out how I plan on making mine but would love to hear about the changes you made. Also, how wide are your gray strips? I like the ratio that you have used and would like mine to be similar. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...