Saturday, January 11, 2014

summer sampler series finished

Today I finished binding, washed and dried my summer sampler series quilt designed by Lee at Freshly Pieced. It was a hard quilt and I certainly had some roadblocks while making it. There are 12 blocks in the quilt and I added a few more so that it would be a larger lap sized quilt. A bunch of the other quilt blocks are part of the Solstice Star Series by Fresh Lemon quilts. All being 12" blocks, they blended together really nicely.

Summer Sampler Series Quilt
This was started almost two years ago when I was in the Milwaukee Modern Quilt Guild and doing a Bee block. Some of the girls made these blocks to add to the quilt. I pieced it together right before Elsa was born and it's been sitting on the back of my quilting chair, all basted and ready to go, for ONE YEAR! It's taken me that long to get it quilted. Earlier this week I hauled out the 6-foot table and set out to quilt on my new Janome. It was beautiful and came together quickly.

This is all Flea Market Fancy fabric line from Denise Schmidt and so is the binding from her line at JoAnn's. I just love how it turned out with the curly-q stippling.

In love!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...