Thursday, November 1, 2012

week 33 & happy halloween

I only have seven weeks left in this pregnancy. WOW! Maybe even less! It just doesn't seem possible that baby will be here so soon. I had a doctor appointment this week and the heart beat is still strong. I'm measuring 35 cm - so still larger than I was with the girls. Typically bellies measure the same number of centimeters as how many weeks you are (i.e. 33 cm).

I feel I might have to start complaining soon. My back and sternum are really starting to hurt a lot. I'm still sleeping really good at night but if I stand too long or sit in a chair too long during the day I pay for it later. Sometimes it's even a sharp pain. Those darn internal organs have nowhere to go!

Additionally, Tuesday night I picked up our new minivan and traded in my CRV. It was a bittersweet moment. The CRV was the first and only car I bought on my own. I hope she goes to a nice home. The minivan sure does beat all. I ran around town yesterday with the girls and it was so easy!!! Crawling in and out by themselves, changing clothes in the car was a breeze, and nothing is better than automatic doors! We worked with Campbell's Auto Sport in Grafton and the owner was awesome to work with. If you are looking for a used vehicle, I would highly recommend the place.

Goldie
Halloween was fun around here, especially with a birthday in the mix. I had a really great birthday this year and the tears were actually at a minimum. (I have issues with crying on my birthday.) I played BINGO on Friday night with girlfriends and had cake with family on Sunday. Somehow Charlotte managed to wear three costumes this year. Friday she was Cinderella, Sunday & Wednesday she was a penguin, and Monday at 3K Halloween party she was Lady Bug Girl. The penguin costumes were modified from Ashley's tutorial at Make It and Love It.

Tutorial inspiration here



The girls looked adorable in their twin penguin costumes. I have to admit, I'm really proud of the costumes and how they turned out. I even had to wash them already and they held up!! They were the cutest kids out there and got lots of compliments.

Gretchen is rockin' the big girl bed. She goes to bed really nicely and is sleep in until 6:30-7:00 a.m. For a long time she was still an early bird and 5-5:30 a.m. and it was killing me! We'll see how daylight savings times figures in this house.

3K Halloween Party

One last thing, Monday I was a volunteer for the 3K Halloween party at Charlotte's school. Here's all 20 kids dressed up. It was a crazy morning and the kids have zero attention span. I made banana muffins the kids could decorate themselves with orange frosting. It was nice to be in there and see a semi-typical day at school. The kids sure are learning lots and I'm so excited for Charlotte.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...