Wednesday, October 24, 2012

first pumpkin carving

I've been promising Charlotte we would carve our pumpkins and with Halloween just a week away, it was due time to get them carved.  Somehow I managed to pull this off fairly mess-free too!

The girls seemed to enjoy themselves even though I had to do most of the work. Gretchen didn't really do anything. However, she did want to use the pumpkin knife to carve but there was no way I was going to let that happen. We picked up a pumpkin carving set earlier today and were ready to get the tools dirty. I'm very glad Charlotte didn't have high expectations for the pumpkin faces becuase I can't really do more than the basic triangle or circle.


After I cut off the top I scraped the inside pretty good so that Charlotte could scoop out the guts and seeds. She thought it was pretty cool and gross. Like I said, Gretchen didn't do a whole lot. I did let Charlotte pick what shapes I should cut out.


The end result was pretty good. Charlotte was pleased with my work but very sad that I couldn't put a candle in the pumpkin. I need to pick up some of those battery ones that requires NO fire so they can stay lit while it's dark out. She'll get a kick out of that. I could hardly stick my hand in the little pumpkin without buring my finger tips trying to get this mini candle lit. So, a successful first pumpkin carving it was!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...