Wednesday, September 19, 2012

wedding guestbook quilt finished

I have finished and shipped the wedding guestbook quilt I was working on (comissioned) for Kevin's cousin Kate who was married in August. It turned out really great and I hope she loves it and can snuggle with her new husband. Fabric is Lanikai by Dear Stella. It finishes around 73x55". I quilted it following the diamond shape and stopped at the white border then added bordering quilt lines around the outside for some dimension. Two lines are quilted on the print and one on the white triangles so as not to cover much text. The back has an addition four blocks that didn't make it into the front design because of space.

The squares were 7" and then cut to make HST. I ironed each white triangle to freezer paper and that's what people signed as the gustbook at the actual wedding. The process worked out really well. However, I wasn't there so it was hard to make sure that people signed the triangle in the correct direction and left a 1/4" margin for the seam. Some text was cut off but not much. I was surprised. As far as correcting text that was in the wrong direction, I went with this pattern thinking the text wasn't as obviously wrong since it's not a one-directional quilt top.


guestbook quilt front
quilt back
guestbook signatures
A friend of Kevin's just had a new baby and I made a sleeping bag for a new stuffed animal for the older sister who's three. Isn't that zebra cute!? Needless to say my kids wanted to keep this new friend.


Still working on basting the swoon stars quilt this week and then off to quilt it!
Linking up with Lee.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

Quiltstory said...

Cute project! Would love for you to come share at Quiltstory.blogspot on Tuesdays too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...