Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WIP and 23 weeks

It's been a busy place around here! Charlotte had VBS for a week followed by swim lessons for two weeks. Gretchen has been the odd man out but some day soon she'll be jumping off the diving board too. The girls are having a wonderful summer and Charlotte is anxious for school to begin (me too!).

The craft department at my house has been slow. Working on two quilts, one is a Christmas gift with the Swoon star, and the other will be the guestbook quilt for Kevin's cousin that just got married. I've also started knitting and things are going well with my chevron blanket. It's great to have a portable project!
Swoon stars
This quilt is made up of some Fig Tree fabrics; a very French Country feel to them. I'll be making six stars in total. Only four more to go and all the triangles are sewn, I just have to assemble them.
swoon stars to go
The Chevron Knit blanket is from the Purl Bee tutorial. It was a rocky start with a few errors but now I've got the hang of it. I don't know if baby is a boy or girl so I'm trying to remain netutral and then I'll add a specific color as the 7th color when baby arrives in December. This will also stretch out once it's off the needles.
chevron blanket

Baby Update
No much to update! I'm 23 weeks and starting to feel pregnant. Charlotte got to feel baby move yesterday which was pretty cool. I'm slowing down (already?!) and beat at the end of the day. I'm really trying not to complain (I'll be saving it for later) but really need to start carrying around my pillow. The heating pack is a good friend right now. Good backs do not run in my family.

Monday we went to the zoo and between Charlotte not feeling 100% and me feeling like I was going to pass out, we left after an hour and went home. It was a good decision. We are ready for fall around here and some cool weather. It's been nice to have the windows open all day with fresh air at night.

Linking up with Lee this week.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

The Cozy Pumpkin said...

Great color choice on the Swoon! Looks so sweet. :)

-Amanda-

Fabric Warrior (aka Amie) said...

Those blocks look AMAZING! You did great work. : )

Rebecca said...

Love your swoon blocks! Thanks for linking up with WIP Wednesday.

CapitolaQuilter said...

Very pretty Swoon blocks.

Megan said...

I agree - your Swoon blocks look great! I've never met a Fig Tree fabric I didn't like. It's sure to be a beautiful quilt!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...