Friday, August 10, 2012

MOD In Milwaukee Challenge

Most of you know I joined the Milwaukee Modern Quilt Guild. We have monthly meetings and sew days.  It's been great having the chance to meet up with other quilters in the area. This fall we are having our first Guild Challenge. The MOD in Milwaukee Challenge.


The challenge is to use some AMAZING fabric designed by Allison Beilke. She designed a great line of fabric using architecture and patterns from all over downtown. You can see her line on Flickr. The colors are fresh and modern; my favorite print are all the buildings that represent downtown Milwaukee. Want some of this great fabric for yourself? She has it up on Spoonflower (see MOD rules for link).

I've already decided I'm not going to make a quilt. That leaves a project that I'll actually use around here. My first thought was some big 'ol bag/purse but I also have a cute pattern for a messenger bag. Mini-size (kids) or full-size. So, stay tuned! There will be official judges and many rules to follow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...