Sunday, July 1, 2012

diamond quilt finished

Finally! It's done! Gretchen's second quilt, the extreme-twin-sized diamond quilt. This was a challenging quilt for me but well worth the effort. I followed a combination of this tutorial and this tutorial from The Blue Chair. The sashing lines aren't perfect but I don't think it's completely noticeable.


I did straight line quilting on this, two lines on each sashing with one in-the-ditch. Then straight lines around the borders to give it a bit more quilted feeling. Now this is super wide for a twin quilt; I actually grabbed a full sized quilt for the back and didn't have to trim a whole lot. Since it's for the bed I knew the back wouldn't be seen a lot so it's fairly simple.

The fabric is a variety of purple and pinks from different lines that I collected over the past year. Mostly Anna Maria Horner and Kaffe Fassett.

Each of the girls have two quilts now, a little one and a big one. Love it!!
Dont' forget the matching pillow sham I made earlier...

And here's my Stinky on her quilt. 17 months.
Gretchen


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...