Saturday, May 19, 2012

kaleidoscope quilt

I've finished my very own Christmas Kaleidoscope quilt top. But after looking at it some more, I've decided I really need to add a few borders. The quilt measures approximately 55x81 so if it gets a little bigger it will be ok. I really like to snuggle under blankets.



For this quilt I followed Don't Call Me Betsy's Kaleidoscope QA with a two block pattern. I had a hard time with the pattern because my lines didn't quite work out. It might be that my pattern block wasn't accurate? I'm not sure. But she has you trim the block to be 12.5" square and I ended up having to make them 12" square. Yikes. Some of the triangle points aren't very pointy, but from far away, it looks great. Good thing this one is for me...


A tip for you...

A woman in my MQG, Cindy, told me that you can easily use an eyebrow brush to take out seams when you've sewed something together wrong. I hate ripping seams out and this little tool (from Sally Beauty) let me rip an entire seam in like 30 seconds. Go. Run. Out. And. Buy. One!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...