Wednesday, April 25, 2012

christmas in april

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, that is, if you happen to be in my basement. After last season I bought myself some great Robert Kaufman fabric on sale knowing that I really need to make myself a Christmas quilt. Most of it is from his O'Tinsel Tree line by Pink Light Design. I had to fill in with some old Kate Spain too. I'll be making a kaleidoscope quilt using Don't Call Me Betsy's quilt along.


I've also been practicing my quilting skills by making some dishcloths. It's a great project to work on at night when I'm upstairs and not stuck in the basement.

Lastly, I finished another bucket hat for my girlfriend's little guy, Ivan. Just in time for a beautiful zoo trip yesterday! He wasn't so sure about the hat, but I'm sure it will grow on him. This is the Oliver + S pattern I printed from a library book. Just trying to be resourceful...

Linking up with Lee this week...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Can't wait to see your Xmas quilt, I love that pattern. Nice yarn choice too, so pretty.

KellyS said...

Your bucket hat is too cute! May have to add that to my list for this summer. I wanted to make my boys these hats last summer and that didn't happen. Good luck with your kaleidoscope quilt!

Beth said...

That bucket hat is so cute. I need to make some of those before summer.

Lee said...

A Christmas kaleidoscope quilt is a great idea! And I love the hat. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...