Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday: little projects

These last two weeks I've been working on a lot of little projects. I thought I'd whip up a coordinating quilted pillow sham for Gretchen's diamond quilt (top here). It turned out really good and I used scraps left over. I still need to make the back of it for the pillow insert.


Last week another Mom I know was looking for a nice nursing cover and I offered to make her one. Since doing that, I'm making three more this week for another Mom. Yes, I'm getting paid, not much, but a little something. Go me!! They are turning out really nice too. What a fun little project.

I have all my knitting needles now, ready to go in my knitting case I made using this needle roll tutorial as a template. I've started knitting a baby hat, we'll see how it goes. I still need to make a trip to the local knitting store and get some help at their "open knit nights."

knitting needle roll

Among other things I've just been outside with the kids! It's been high-70s in Wisconsin, in March! This is amazing weather. The flower beds are raked out and ready for mulch but all the sun has me thinking I'm behind on my yard work when in reality, I'm ahead of the game! The 200 bulbs I planted in front of the house last fall are blooming and look fantastic! Tulips are coming up right behind my daffodils.


Linking up with Lee again this week...
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

~Carla~ said...

I love your knitting roll! Did you use a pattern? My sister wants me to make her one... I've been spending a lot of time outside as well! The weather is crazy warm here for this time of year!! :)

Patti said...

The fabric in your shram is gorgeous, and the needle roll is something I really need to make as well!

The Thompsons said...

I know- this weather is crazy, but I'm loving it! Everything looks wonderful. :)

Erika :: Ollie & Olina said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments ladies! I love the needle roll too...it turned out great!

Anonymous said...

After I saw your knitting needle roll at dinner a few weeks ago, I went in search of a tutorial online. This is the exact tutorial that I found and plan to make. Thanks for the inspiration Erika!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...