Monday, August 15, 2011

building blocks baby quilt

With all the new babies around I tried this Moda Bakeshop recipe - it turned out great. One layer cake made two quilts, but I wish the pattern would have used more of the layer cake. I used "Boy" Meadow Friends Layer Cake by Deb Strain for Moda. One baby is a boy and the other needed to be a neutral quilt. So, with a few added fabrics from It's A Hoot by MoMo for Moda, I had a second quilt.
neutral quilt front

boy quilt front


The best part about making the quilt is giving the quilt. Although a bit shy (the only time I ever am), I love seeing the face of the loved on who receives a quilt. It's as though they love it as much as I did making it. This has been such a fun hobby for me and I keep getting better. I'm thrilled that there are family and friends that I can share this with. I love the though of a little baby learning to sit on my quilt, drool all over it and suck on the corners. What joy!!
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...