Wednesday, October 13, 2010

two baby quilts on the menu

In February, the Southeastern Area Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association has a Mardi Gras Fundraiser in which donations are given in a company's name for a silent auction. My mother's company (which is where I also work and donate my time), Senior Planning Group, always donates a great basket for the auction. The last two years, we've donated baskets with a baby theme (guess why). This year, I'm making quilts!!!

I am going to put a baby boy quilt and a baby girl quilt together using Elizabeth Hartman's (of Oh Fransson! - see side bar of blogs I follow) New Wave quilt pattern. It's modern and fun! Here's a sample of her design as sewn by Ruth Sloan.


The baby boy fabrics I picked out are SOO cute. Most of it is from Amy Schimler "On A Whim II" for Robert Kaufman and "Play" by SEI. Some fillers are from one of Michael Miller's lines.

The baby girl quilt fabric I picked up at Joanne's so it's nothing named. I loved the purples with the pinks. The birdy fabric is my favorite. You saw that on the back of the lavender quilt I just made for Columbia Center. The butterfly fabric will be the backing for this one.



Of course, now I am just adding to my list of projects to finish. February 4th (due date) sure sounds closer and closer each day...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...