Friday, October 15, 2010

success in the big girl bed

Today, I was feeling good. We got a lot done this morning (park and grocery shopping) and I thought I would keep the momentum going. I put Charlotte down for her nap at noon and asked if she wanted to go in the big girl bed. She said yes, so I thought, let's do it! Wouldn't you know, she stayed there for her 2-hour nap and never got up once!! She's a bit clingy and crabby after the nap but I was so happy about the bed, I don't even care. Besides, this means we can snuggle together for awhile (she lets me kiss her endlessly during times like this).

Over her nap I caught up on one of my favorite shows, Project Runway, and spit most of this out:


I've been really nervous trying this new pattern. You can find it here by Oh! Fransson. I knew if I made an error, there wasn't much I could do with the cut fabric. Last night I cut my template and all the printed fabric and realized (when I was done) it was a tad off; that got me worried. However, with three columns together, this looks great. It's much larger than I thought it would be, but it will make a fantastic baby boy quilt for the silent auction. (See blog post below.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...