Wednesday, July 7, 2010

who said vacation was easy?

Oh man, day four of our vacation to Key West. The island is not exactly what I expected. I think I expected it to be more resort-like and it's very party-town. Although the island is only four miles wide, we need to take a shuttle bus to get to the other side, where all the "stuff" is. Literally, all the food and all the shopping. There are no restaurants near us except the one in the hotel. Food is great, but not good for the body. We are itching to get home, thank goodness tomorrow is around the corner. We are ready to see our little babe. I know, the last post I was raving about leaving! Guess I only needed like two days off...

Here's a photo of Kevin with his new hat. He looks good, I know.



It's only like 85 down here, but the humidity is terrible! It's like a thick cloud some days. It's been overcast most of the days so at least we haven't died. We do have some tan, that part is good. All-in-all it was a nice vacation but I would not suggest this place as a vacation spot for those of you looking for places to visit. There are parts of FL that are much nicer than down here.

We did visit the Southernmost point. Sorry, no photo. The camera was fogged up because it was too humid. (See!)

I've been checking in with Charlotte twice a day. She's sleeping and eating very well. It's good to know she's having a good time and behaving while we are gone. I hear she has 40 new books, 1 movie and 2 bibs. Boy, she already knows how to get what she wants!

Anyways, home, HERE WE COME!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...