Friday, July 4, 2008

Beginning Week 7

Although the baby is only 1/2 inch big, its elbows form, fingers start to develop, feet start to appear with tiny notches for the toes, ears eyes and nose start to appear, intestines start to form in the umbilical cord, and teeth begin to develop under the gums. Some of the most important growth is happening in the baby's brain, where new nerve cells are forming at the rate of 100,000 per minute. The heart is beating even faster than it was last week and the heart tube has formed small bulges.

At the beginning of the 7th week, I feel great! It's amazing; maybe I'm one of the lucky few. Kevin and I see the doctor for our first appointment next week, where I'm sure we'll see an ultrasound.

In the meantime, we are still fixing up the house, trying to get as many projects done as possible. This way, we can focus on baby when s/he arrives. I'm just hoping by then I'll have a dishwasher!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...