Thursday, May 1, 2014

it's your special day

I love starting new traditions at our house. It makes me feel like I'm making it my family. At my mom's house she has a "Special Day" plate. It's not from when I was a kid because I don't remember it at all. However, the grandkids always fight over it when we go there. It got me thinking... we should have a special day plate at the LaPean house!

I never got around to it.

Enter a great MOMS Night out at Glaze in Thiensville-- a do-it-yourself pottery place. I had been meaning to go there and I wish I would have gone sooner. It was awesome and I can't wait to make a million more projects (look out Christmas).

I made our family a special day plate. It took awhile to gain some inspiration but I'm super pleased with how it turned out. It's the size of a dinner plate. My handwriting is good considering I've never really done this before. But there is certainly room for improvement.


So, get out there and create a new tradition for your house. It's ok to copy another person, if it's new to your family and it will be fun, that's all that matters. The girls are already fighting over who gets to use it. See, that's the deal though, it's has to be your special day! No arguments then!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...