Monday, February 17, 2014

bone dust recipe

My father-in-law has been a Boy Scout for a very, very long time. He's been an essential part of Boy Scouts in Wisconsin as well. I know he's done a lot of cooking and has taught many how to cook in the outdoors.

One of my all-time favorite recipes of his is the Bone Dust BBQ Rub. We don't make BBQ much around here but I do use the rub on a lot of things that I cook. I think of it as an "everything" rub. I especially love it on roasted (or grilled in summer) potatoes. I cover them in EVOO and generously sprinkle on the dust, then roast. They get a crispy skin on the outside with some delicious flavor.


So, go get yourself a large tupperware container and start making this in bulk-- you're gonna use it on everything! I imagine this would be great on a roast as well.

Ingredients
1/2 C paprika
2 Tbl. dry hot mustard
1/4 C chile powder
1 Tbl. black pepper
3 Tbl. salt
1 Tbl. ground basil
2 Tbl. ground coriander
1 Tbl. ground tyme
2 Tbl. garlic powder
1 Tbl. cumin
2 Tbl. white sugar
1 Tbl. Cayenne
2 Tbl. curry powder

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...