Monday, September 9, 2013

The most wonderful time of the year

My Dad and I always laugh about a Target commercial played at this time of year. It's a Mom skipping to the song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." What time is that? Not Christmas but Back To  School!! Charlotte's first day is tomorrow (Tuesday). The 3/4K start a week after the big kids. We had multiple orientations/screenings last week and that glorious day is finally here! She's excited, but not as excited as I am!! It's nice to have the quiet time with Gretchen (and Elsa).

Elsa is crawling all over, but not on all fours, still army crawling. She uses here back legs to push off the ground like a frog. I've stood her on the carpet gripping the couch a few times and she can hang on very pretty long. Getting down is still a little tricky. I know, I shouldn't be encouraging her.


The house is looking great. Kevin has most of the base boards for the new wood floor down. We have one door installed (basement) and a second door is stained and getting varnished. Only two more doors to go and we'll be done!! That sure was a project but it has drastically changed the feel of our house. It's warm and very inviting.

Gretchen is talking up a storm and doing really well. Next week she gets an evaluation by her speech teacher to see where she's at. Once the teacher asked what percentage can I understand what Gretchen says and I think it's like 90%, but then I see other people not understand nearly 90% of what she says. Sometimes if you don't know the context of what she's talking about it's hard to know what she has says. I'm super proud of her and see light at the end of the tunnel.

I've been staying really busy. I'm selling my new "stuff" and more from the Etsy shop at the Cedarburg Wine and Harvest Fest and the Just Between Friends Consignment sale for Moms at Wash. County Fair Grounds. So, I've been sewing, and sewing, and sewing. This better pay off...

Everybody is healthy and doing great. I'm happy to be getting into a routine again (soon the YMCA again). Can the weather cool down like 10 degrees, please??

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...