Thursday, January 10, 2013

4 weeks old!

Happy 4 week birthday Elsa! She's not technically one month yet but certainly is four weeks! I just can't believe it. Too bad she has to celebrate here.

We are keeping things the same today. She will be on humidified oxygen at 1 liter and will continue respiratory therapy with the thumper. They have been using chest physiotherapy to help loosen up the mucus. It seems to work. She coughs after they do that which is a good sign. That upper right lung is still just being a pain and wants to hang in to the mucus in there.

I gave her another bath today so she is squeaky clean. Elsa seems to have some nice awake periods too. She was a stinker sleeping last night. Kept waking up every 20-30 minutes. I think she was having a hard time falling into that deep sleep.

Yesterday a little boy about Gretchen's age moved in next to us. I can't imagine how much harder that would be. There is no way Gretchen would tolerate being in the hospital. I keep reminding myself this will be over and she'll get better so in that regard we are very lucky.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...