Wednesday, June 6, 2012

pillow mattress

I always say it, but it's been busy around here. I haven't done much crafting or quilting. Gretchen's twin sized quilt is ready to go but I'm waiting until I get my six foot table back in order to quilt it. Those darn garage sales are utilizing my table...

I've seen this pillow mattress tutorial on Pinterest and found one person who made a great tutorial for it using Ikea stuff. Luckily, a friend of mine went to Ikea this morning and I was able to make this for $4!! Yep. .99 cent pillows and a duvet cover I already purchased. You can find the tutorial at Southern Disposition.



Originally I did put in pockets for the pillow inserts so it is easily washable but I didn't feel like the pockets really worked well. After sleeping on it (not the pillow mattress) I decided to sew it shut! Charlotte already loves it and I'm sure Gretchen will love it even more. I'll probably have to make a second one...

Linking up with Lee this week.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


3 comments:

heather said...

That's great idea and being able to make it for under $5 is even better.

The Thompsons said...

What a fun idea - it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...