Monday, January 23, 2012

january bee block

A few weeks ago I finally went to a Milwaukee Modern Quilt Guild monthly meeting. It was great to meet other women in the area that love quilting as much (or more) than I do. After the meeting I was asked to join their first Quilting Bee. How exciting. It's my first bee and something I've always wanted to do. The idea is that each month you make a quilt block for somebody else and then one month everybody makes a block of your choice for you. Thus, getting a quilt made much faster than you could do it yourself. Yes!! Sign me up!

A few days ago I got some fabric in the mail and even learned something new when piecing this Envy block together for Rebecca at Pieces and Cream.


It's great looking up ideas for my quilt block that everybody will make. I'm also looking forward to getting my hands on some Flea Market Fancy when it comes out in February!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Thanks Erika, your block looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...