Saturday, December 24, 2011

christmas eve

Christmas Eve. A day and night I've been waiting for all year. Like birthdays, I absolutely love Christmas. I'm not a crazy Black Friday 3 a.m. shopper-- but I do pull out my Christmas decorations and lights before the month even hits the calender. To me, Christmas brings a deeper meaning of joy and happiness. Sure there are many grouchy people hitting the stores, but I find most are happy to spread cheer.

It's also a time I begin to reflect on my life and what I've done the last year. Perhaps it's also the end of the year that brings this about, but I can't help but think about what I have in my life and how truly lucky and fortunate I am.

Today we'll be taking the girls to church for a 3:30 p.m. service. With all the standard Christmas chaos, I know this service will be at least 2-hours...that's a long time to be in a church with two kids under three-years-old. We discussed not going, to make our life just a little easier. But then I was drinking some coffee (of course) and realized that I have too many good things in my life to not give Jesus a measly 2-hours. After all, if it wasn't for Him, I probably wouldn't be so fortunate. I also want to make sure the Girls know how important Jesus is to Christmas. We've always told Charlotte that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. She plays with the Nativity all the time.

Each year I always donate something to the Angel Tree at chruch or pick a family to help out. This year I didn't and it's really bugging me. How did I manage to forget those that need things the most. So, if you are reading this, take a moment to remember Jesus and all that he's given you. You may not understand everything that's happend this year, but somehow, he has a plan for us.

Those of you who have lost somebody, just remember,

"Have a Merry Christmas and wipe away the tears.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year."

Gretchen's 1st Christmas

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...