Thursday, November 10, 2011

crafts galore

This last few weeks, I've been on a role! I've managed to complete some great projects that I really wanted to test out. Thanks to the new Pinterest, ideas are leaking out my brain!

Make It And Love It
No-slip hair bows for the girls at a fraction of the cost. And, I can make more and more and more. Tutorial from Ashley at Make It And Love It.

cloth napkins
Eight cloth napkins for those special dinner guests. They are approximately 17" square to start with (before the seams). I used some Kona Red on top of a cotton linen from Joann's. I love how they turned out. After a wash they are super soft and ready to get dirty from a messy face. Love them!

I also made eye makeup remover. I hate the one I use and can't afford the good stuff. You can get the tutorial from Adelyn Stone. I tested it out this morning and it worked great. In our house we had Burt's Bees shampoo and Apricot oil, so that's what I used.

I also finished up Charlotte's twin sized quilt. It's on her bed and looks great. It matches her toddler quilt and the colors in her room. If it stops snowing, I'll get a photo soon.

Lastly, I picked up my king quilt from Cindy Fenske. She long-arm quilted it for me and she did a fabulous job. Luckily it cost much less than taking it to a quilt shop. I'm almost done with the binding and after I wash it, I'll have photos up! This is going to look so sweet on our bed with the matching shams.

post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...