Tuesday, November 8, 2011

hug your children today

Hug your children today. Hug your mother, your father and your dog. Never forget how delicate life is.

On Sunday, a very close friend of mine lost her baby. Yes, God decided that this little man was meant for Heaven far too soon. He was born 4-weeks early, but still full-term. He had been healthy up to this point. No problems, nothing to give his parents reason to doubt. Labor went well and he was born via C-section. After a short cry, little baby boy passed away. He was 6 lbs. 10 oz. Why? We don't know yet. Hopefully the hospital staff will have answer to that question soon. This my friends, makes my heart ache so bad I cry every time I think about it for longer than 30 seconds.

Charlotte keeps asking me, "Mommy, why are you crying?" And I've explained to her that Mommy's friend lost her baby. The baby died and is now in Heaven with Jesus and Helga (my first dog). She understands that Heaven is a place where you go and don't come back. (Seeing as she can't see Helga until she goes there.)

This was their first pregnancy. This is unfair. Why? Why? Why????

Please say a prayer for baby boy. I'm not going to say any names out of respect for the family. But believe me, they need every bit of support and prayers possible. This is going to be a very difficult journey for the entire family. I'll be going up for the funeral and hope to make a few trips after that for support. I miss my girls and it's really hard being so far, especially during this kind of sorrow.

Remember when I complained that the kids don't listen or that Gretchen wakes up far too many times during the night? I take it all back. Every single word. (Choking back tears...) I don't really care about no sleep, the bags under my eyes, the extra pounds I can't get rid of. I don't really have a single thing to complain about. I have no right when other people I deeply love are going through such painful times.

I hurt for my girlfriend and I wish there was something I could do.

Please, say a special prayer.

post signature

1 comment:

Dana said...

::hugs:: to YOU too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...