Saturday, October 29, 2011

beginning a new decade

Today is my birthday. I'm 30-years-old. Officially, a real adult. I feel good about it. I'm excited to begin a new decade in my life. I was thinking about everything I've done since I was 20-years-old. How many guys I dated (to find the right one), how many hours of classes I sat through, how many miles I've driven and ran, how many times I've laughed and cried, and how much I've had to sweat. And now to think I have another decade to live my current life as a mother and a wife. Watch my kids grow up and even have more kids. So far, 30 seems pretty darn exciting...

Friday night I went out with some friends and my sister to play BINGO downtown. It was a blast!! I didn't win but one of my girlfriends won $750....she was pretty happy and even shed some tears of joy.

This morning was the kiddie Halloween party at our house. We had 12 toddlers and their parents over. It was a full-house here but we all had a blast. The kids have been friends for 2 years now so they play well together. I really love this group of friends. We have so much fun with the kids.
toddler gang in halloween costumes
charlotte dressed as ariel (little mermaid)
On another note, Gretchen turned 9-months-old on Thursday. She is crawling all over the place and follows me when I move to the kitchen. She's quick and has multiple things in her mouth that she shouldn't. It's nearly impossible to keep this place clean. The leaves keep jumping off the dog. She's still not sleeping as well as I'd like. She eats 2x/night sometimes. I just remind myself that Charlotte did the same thing and now she sleeps like a dead person for almost 10 hours. Just breathe...
gretchen playing with charlotte's animals
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...