Wednesday, June 15, 2011

poppy sneak peak

I couldn't resist. Here's a sneak peak at the quilt I'm making for one of the back bedrooms at my mother's house (a.k.a Charlotte's room). There is a duvet with the poppy print already on a queen bed and my mom wanted a matching quilt for the twin bed that's also in there.

One problem, the poppy print is from Pottery Barn a few years ago and they don't carry it anymore. Luckily, and eBay seller was selling this great king-sized bed skirt so I snatched it up and used it to create this quilt.

I have half of the quilting done, it's in a variegated red/pink thread, which is fairly bold of myself. I probably should have used an off-white, but the back is mostly red.

Stay tuned for the final product, should be finished next week if I can manage to find some binding I like.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...