Saturday, May 14, 2011

king quilt in the making

This past Christmas Kevin and I bought a new bed, a king sized bed. The one we had was his and over 15 years old, it was also a queen. After searching, we settled on a Sealy and it's absolutely wonderful! But, this left us with a king bed and queen bed linens. It's been working so far, but a change will have to be made eventually. The covers just to stretch far enough.

Enter new house. I've been looking for a new quilt or duvet for a king bed. I can't find anything that I remotely like. And what's worse, everything I've seen has been super cheap feeling (scratchy). Not good to cuddle with. I have found a few that I like and that are good quality but the price is around $300: crazy!! I suppose good things cost more money. We can't do a duvet again because the weight is too hot for Kevin. So, a quilt it is.

Luckily, I quilt in my free time. A king quilt is quite a feat, but I'm going to do it. I might have the quilt quilted on a long-arm, but I will at least make the top and back. Here's what we are going to do; I'm excited!

Agreed upon color palette:


Inspiration quilt. Similar but the inside colored blocks will be larger. Another version of the string quilt.  There are going to have to be 18" or 20" blocks I think as I'll have to make a lot of them to be king sized.
Cara from Me? A Mom?
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...