Wednesday, April 13, 2011

happy 4-year anniversary

Four years ago I was getting my hair and make up done in preparation for my wedding day. I put on the dress of my dreams and walked down the aisle to meet the love of my life. I married my man on Friday the 13th of April and nothing bad happened...

I loved my dress! I loved the hundreds of tulips that filled the reception hall. I loved the cello music in the church. I love the man I married. When looking back it's hard to believe how much has happened in four years. Only four years!

We bought a house. We roofed it ourselves. We remodeled the kitchen and installed most of it ourselves. We bought a dog. We went to Florida. We had a little girl. We went to Alaska. We went to Mexico. We put in a patio. We had another little girl. We sold our house. I'm fairly certain that's only a brief list.

It's hard to imagine what will happen in the next four years. That, of course, seems so far away but it's not, especially if the last four flew by! We'll be in a new house, hopefully have another dog and hopefully have another kid (or two). Life will be so different, just as life is so different now compared to four years ago. Four years ago we were cooking gourmet meals every night, going out for drinks, seeing friends and staying up late. I'm not sure we do any of the things I just mentioned anymore. We are still happy, just a different kind of lived-in happy. Our girls (and Griffin) are the joy of our lives and I'm so happy to have Kevin, he gave me the greatest gift ever when our girls were born.

Love you babe!

At Lumen Christi Parish
Photos by Jessica Quist Photography

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You were a beautiful bride and are a great mom. I was wondering if you would have more. Hope the house hunt goes well and fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...