Thursday, March 3, 2011

a very long day

Today was a very long day. Gretchen is five weeks old and weighs in at 11 lbs. 3 oz. I also have only eight pounds until I hit pre-pregnancy weight (yeah!) but still need to lose a few extra (grrr). At least I'm getting there. It would probably help if I didn't have delicious cupcakes on my counter and $35 worth of Girl Scout cookies in my freezer. Darn those Girl Scouts...


Today started nice and early around 4 a.m. Gretchen barely went back to bed and I think I managed to get in another 45 minutes or so until I decided to call it a morning at 6 a.m. At least I'm able to watch World News at 4 a.m. -- lots of stuff going on that sure makes no sleep sound like a walk-in-the-park. So yes, I am thankful that that's the least of my concerns.

5 weeks
Seeing as it's Thursday and business doesn't ever stop, I went into work with Gretchen and shipped Charlotte off to Grandma's house. Last week Gretchen was amazing at work, today, not so much. For starters, she didn't get her morning nap in. I should have realized then and there that it was going to be a long day. Somehow I managed to get four hours of work in while nursing Gretchen with one arm and typing with the other while talking on the phone. Yes, it's true. I can work like that.

To make matters worse, I nursed her too often because she was restless and to pay me back she puked down my shirt and this time, it smelled. Thankfully my sister brought me an extra shirt when she stopped by for lunch-- thanks KT.

At 1 p.m. I headed to my mom's house and to no avail, Gretchen wasn't any better there either. Now at home, I've been rocking her for a little over one hour straight and can't rock anymore! I sure hope tonight doesn't put a cherry on top of my day...

post signature
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...