Friday, March 4, 2011

kiddie messenger bag

At Charlotte's birthday party she was trying to carry around all of her new goodies and simply couldn't. She has a few of my old purses but nothing that would fit Zoe, Abbey Cadaby, Cookie Monster, nookie, Rufus, a whale, Lightening McQueen, Tow Mater and a snack. This got me thinking, I need to make her a "Charlotte" sized bag to carry her stuff in. So, I searched the Internet and found an awesome kiddie messenger bag tutorial by LangLangCreations. I found some adorable Apple & Pear fabric by Alexander McHenry and paired it with some red polka dot fabric. To jazz it up a bit, I quilted the outside of the purse. Since the tutorial called for jean material, I added interfacing to the strap to make it a bit sturdier. I think the quilting also added some structure to the purse.

It turned out so cute and of course, Charlotte loves her new purse. It's sturdy and washable. I don't see her parting with this anytime soon and now, she can carry all of her friends that need to go somewhere. This way I can also limit what friends she's allowed to bring with-- at least that's my hope. Sometimes she gets a little carried away with her friends.
Charlotte modeling her new purse.
Tutorial by LangLangCreations.
post signature
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...