Friday, February 25, 2011

very smelly night

Gretchen wasn't the best going down last night. I was trying to go to bed early (7 p.m.) and it just wasn't happening. Kevin was rocking her and when she'd be asleep, he'd put her down and she'd wake up. Finally I told him he has to just hold her so I could get in a measly two hours or else I was going to be mega bi*ch in the morning. I got to finally sleep from about 8-10:30 p.m.

Charlotte has had some of the smelliest, ickiest diapers. I guess Kevin changed one around 10 p.m. which is after she's been in bed. This is rare. Now that I know this, it's no wonder when I was up around 11 p.m. nursing Gretchen that I thought it smelled like the dog pooped in the house. (He didn't.)

Then I was up at 1 a.m. nursing Gretchen and it still smelled. I also heard Charlotte talking in her bedroom, which sometimes happens. I continued to nurse Gretchen to get one kid out of the way and went to tell Charlotte to go back to bed (it's now 1:30 a.m.) I turned on the light and to my surprise there is puke, chunky, smelly puke, in her bed and all over her.

I whisked her to the bathroom, stripped her down and threw her in the tub. She was shaking and smiling and smelled terrible. At the loss of $5 - I tossed her jammies. Yes, they were that bad. Bad enough. I rinsed her off and shouted for Kevin to get out of bed and give me a hand. Slowly he woke up and came to help. He took care of Charlotte, gave her a bath, dried her hair and I tackled the bedroom.

Let me start by saying I'm glad she didn't have her entire bedroom in her bed last night. We got away pretty darn good considering. However, we did say goodbye to her pillow (it was really old) and cupcake pillowcase. Yes, it was THAT bad. Unfortunately, I had to wash Rufus and she wasn't happy about going to bed again without him. She got fresh sheets and managed to fall asleep just after 2 a.m. I threw everything in the wash and we headed to bed as well.

But of course, I'm wide awake now and didn't exactly fall asleep. Wouldn't ya know, Gretchen woke up at 3 a.m. ready to eat again. Yippie, another shitty night of no sleep. I am really going to have to try and take a nap today. And, since Charlotte puked, I really can't take her to play with any friends. The "rule" is keep you kid away for at least 24-hours. Bummer. We'll be locked inside all day....

I sure hope this is a minor bug. Her second birthday party is Saturday and I'd hate to have a sick kid, especially on her birthday! She was pretty chipper when going to bed so I think she'll be ok.

What's really funny is two days ago I was just telling some of my friends that Charlotte has never puked in bed and somehow I was a lucky one. Boy, I sure put my foot in my mouth then. I guess I can welcome myself to the club...


post signature
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...