They wern't kidding when they said time flies by! It's really hard to believe that Charlotte is two-years-old. She is a full-blown toddler but seems to amaze us each and every day. Sometimes we can't believe the things she is able to comprehend and understand (even though she doesn't always listen or obey). Here's a quick look back at my little baby girl.
Here's some of the things she can do/say/understand - the list seems endless!
- Eat with a fork and spoon
- Drink out of a cup
- Let us know after she went potty (it's a start!)
- Say her ABC's - almost without error
- Count to 12 or 13 - usually without error, but sometimes she still counts in the wrong order
- Talk in 4-5 word sentences
- Run all over the place
- Put puzzles together that say "Intended for children 3+"
- Insist on sleeping with 10 plastic animals, 20 blankets and 30 books
- Sleep 12 hours straight in the big girl bed
- Share with her friends
- Know when somebody is happy, sad or even hurt
Looking back I can hardly remember the struggles we had in that first year with her. That's how I know time really does move quickly. We couldn't imagine life without this little spunk. It still breaks my heart to know there are people out there that never wish to have kids. I respect this decision but don't understand it. I really can't imagine what my life would be like without Charlotte. It might not be as stressful, but it sure would be without much of the joy I've encountered over the last two years.
We love you Charlotte and can't wait to watch you grow into a young girl. But please, don't do it too fast or your mom and dad might have a heart attack! And, please don't teach your little sister everything naughty that you know...