Friday, January 14, 2011

learning to count

We love her! Counting to three pretty consistently. After 4 or 5, she just says random numbers but has counted to 10 before! 22.5 months and almost a big sister. Charlotte can also identify five shapes: star, square, circle, heart and triangle. The is by far her favorite. We always draw a "baby heart" next to the mommy heart. Come to think of it, everything is "mommy this" and "baby that."

She definitely knows there is a baby in my belly but I'm not sure she realizes it will soon be joining the household. After being around a friend's newborn, she is really gentle around babies and I think she's going to be a super-duper helper.

Regarding her language, she's just about exploded into a toddler. She talks in  mini-sentences all day long and constantly describes what she (or mom) is doing. One of these days I'll have to jot down a few things, but seriously, since can talk about anything, it's really hard to keep track. I'm super impressed with her vocabulary. I'd like to take credit for that one...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...