Friday, April 23, 2010

this is hard

Tonight I took a crack and machine quilting. AND I chose a huge twin size quilt. Well, this is MUCH harder than it looks. My lines are terrible and pucker everywhere underneath. Maybe I didn't baste it correctly. I really need to figure this out before I go any further. Ripping seams is NOT fun at all. I've thought about taking a quilting class, but they are quite pricey. I think I need to do more research before I do anything else.

My tiny project the other week turned out good, but this quilt is just too big for me right now. I'm really bummed. I wasted a lot of time tonight.

Below is some fabric I bought today. Moda Collection Oz By Sanae. This is so bright and fun. I'm really excited to get a pattern rolling. This will be a toddler quilt for Charlotte. Soon the crib will be a toddler bed and she'll need a larger blanket, so I'm going to make her a quilt. Maybe I can quilt that with more ease than the twin quilts....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...