Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First birthing class

Last night Kevin and I attended out first birthing class at St. Mary's Ozaukee; there were 8 couples. Surprisingly, I was near the end of the line as far as due dates. A good half of the couples were due early February and one even in January! The instructor is very sweet and has five children, so this birthing stuff is something she knows a lot about. The class runs rather late, from 6:30 - 8:30pm, but I managed to stay awake with a few yawns.

I think this class is really going to help out a lot with helping us (me) to understand the terminology and step-by-step procedures of the whole birthing process. We covered the basics of the birthing process last night and also what signs to look for for labor. Next week we will watch the "video" and tour the birthing center. I am really looking forward to the tour!

When we were talking about Braxton-Hicks contractions one girl said she has started feeling them. After listening to her explain what they felt like, it dawned on me, I am fairly sure I had one of those last week! When I was on the couch, I had a rather noticable pain in my abdomen, like where the menstral cramps are. So, I sat back on the couch, waited a moment and it was gone. We'll have to see if that happens again. But, I'm thinking, that was the first Braxton contraction.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...