Wednesday, June 25, 2008

information overload


Last night on my way home from work, I stopped at the library-- my new favorite place. Besides reading books for free, they have a great DVD collection. However, this trip I had only one thing in mind, BABY BOOKS! This is one book I picked up, "You & Your Baby - Pregnancy." Yes, I had to start reading it, as I am in my 5th week already. It has some great color photos and a lot of detailed information.

I'm sure many first mom's imerse themselves in loads of information. When you are feeling excited, filled with joy, happiness, and also quite nervous, getting as much information as you can seems comforting. Kevin is still super nervous and I reassured him that it's ok!! We will be going through a lot of changes right now. When he's calm, I'll be the nervous one.

So, for the time being, I will be reading books upon books upon magazines about having a baby. It's one fun and one sane thing I can do, on my own. When a neat detail arises, I share it with Kevin. I think for the most part, he's still shocked, but a happy shocked.

Update: Kevin will be building the crib out of white oak.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...