Another post to go along with Lee's (Freshly Pieced) Wednesday Work In-Progress projects.
I've had the diamonds cut for Gretchen's twin-sized quilt for a little while now. Slowly, I've been adding the ivory sashing to each diamond. This week I decided to really start finishing the quilt top and started piecing the diamond together. This, of course, meant that I had to take over the basement floor. (Sorry Kevin!)
In true Erika style, I realized that you can sew the sashing on the wrong side of the diamond. I sewed a really good portion with the sashing on the wrong angle...bummer. The seam ripper and I had a nice evening together. Now I'm laying the diamonds out and putting the top together. Visually, this was a challenge for me. Sewing the diamonds on point has been hard but this is going to look great when finished. I was inspired by this quilt from The Blue Chair and found helpful tutorials here and here.